Operations Control Center Upgrade, Business Analysis & Communication
Unit Turnaround, Organizational Redesign, Branding, Change Management and Communication
About The Client
A world leader in gases, technologies and services for industry and health. US large industries division
- Turn around a demoralized mission critical operations business unit after a flawed restructuring attempt.
- Upgrade the Operations Control Center (OCC) to central data manager while allowing 130 of 201 refineries capability to run decentralized for and sync to central for local optimization.
- Lack of trust for management and company.
- Mission critical group that had been together for 20+ years and collectively held over 152 patents – a lot of type A personalities.
- Global operations didn’t align with US operations resulting in decentralized decision to avoid business risks.
- Cyber threats required infrastructure changes requiring capital investments.
- Leading edge technology being introduced into infrastructure.
- Engaged 3rd party to conduct one on ones to provide anonymous feedback and recommendation for moving forward
- Appointed leader that had respect and trust of team
- Branded unit as Operational Technology for Intelligent Solutions (OPTIS) to evaluate their contributions for global visibility
- Facilitated Stakeholder forums to promote mutual understanding for risk verse economic impact
- Conversational Intelligence training
- Cross functional training for knowledge transfer
- OPTIS was globally recognized within organization and served as member of WIM – unit that leveraged knowledge across 80 countries (R&D think tank)
- Improved trust and communication thru implementation of C-IQ tools and coaching
- OPTIS was labeled High Performance Work Team
- Transformed image from cost center to 3 million value add
- Captured IOM+ in recurring savings in six months
- Collaboration on technology with vendor “strategic partner” to license software for resell and com pany would share in profits
- Branded Unit