Merging Technology With Business Acumen to Drive Exponential Revenue and Profit Contributions
Gwen Mitchell is the visionary founder and managing partner of 3rd I Business Solutions dba VertiSales Incorporated. Mitchell started VertiSales in 1999 as a transformational consulting firm with a mission to provide businesses with structure that empowers excellence. Gwen has a 20+ year record of transforming mission critical legacy supply chain processes into state-of-the-art operations delivering on-time, budget positive outcomes that have a direct impact on the bottom line.
A trusted advisor and business partner she approaches each challenge with her intrinsic flair for innovation, calculated risk-taking and empowering compassion leading her teams to creatively collaborate, and problem solve. Mitchell previously held progressively executive leadership roles in Fortune 500 companies that included: Air Liquide, Ernst & Young, General Motors, and Upjohn. During her corporate career, she developed a reputation for judicious use of resources, and the ability to transform multi-million-dollar projects. Her work has directly benefited customers, vendors, contractors and employees of client organizations.
In addition to her corporate achievements Ms. Mitchell has a strong commitment to community service:
- President of Institute of Supply Chain Management-Houston (ISM-Houston).
- The Co- founder and Advisor to “Real Initiative Giving Help Today” (R.I.G.H.T), which focuses on the needs of the most vulnerable youth.
- Hospitality Chair of the “Houston Minority Supplier Development Council” (HMSDC) scholarship fundraiser.
- She is a board member of “Texans for Dental Reform“, an advocacy organization for consumer protection in the dental industry.
Ms. Mitchell holds a Bachelor of Science degree in Management Information Systems, and a Bachelor of Arts degree in Marketing from Bowling Green University. She has also earned her Project Management Professional Certification (PMP) from the Project Management Institute, and the Certified Process Professional Champion (CPPC) from the BP Group. Other noteworthy certifications that she has earned include:
- The Goldman Sachs 1,000K Small Business Program
- The Dartmouth University, Tuck School of Business Executive Program for creating high performing companies
- Certification in Conversational- IQ from the CreatingWE Institute which helps great leaders build trust and get extraordinary results.
- Certification in Narrative Coaching by Dr. David Drake